ONLY THREE WEEKS LEFT!! I’m definitely getting excited. It’s been about a year since my last half marathon and I’ve been missing it for sure. This week I ran a total of 37 miles (up 4 from last week, 11% increase), and a total of 32.25 miles on the bike. I’ve been trying to get more miles in on the bike to cross train & keep my endurance up. Here’s last weeks training:
- Sunday: rest
- Monday: 7 miles [tempo]
- 1 mile warm up, 2.5 miles tempo (average @ pace), .5 mile easy, 2 miles tempo (average @ pace), 1 mile cool down
- ***fastest mile (mile 6) I ran in 6:24!! I was pretty excited about that one!
- + lower body/core workout: (20:10 x 8 tabata workout)
- squat (w/ weight)
- deadlift (w/ wt)
- reverse crunch
- step ups (w/ wt)
- Tuesday: 5 miles [easy]
- + 14.25 miles on the bike
- + 13 minutes of jump rope
- Wednesday: 7 miles [hill repeats]
- + 5 miles on the bike
[from the top of the hill, before the sun came up!]
- Thursday: 13 miles on the bike
- + core/arm workout: 4 sets…
- 8 overhead press
- 8 bicep curls
- 30 reverse crunches
- 8 kettlebell swings
- 15 bicycle + crunch
- 8 bent over row
- lots of stretching!!
- Friday: 14 miles [easy/hills]
- Saturday: 4 miles [easy]
- + total body workout
On instagram, I shared this picture & asked what favorite trail shoes were out there. These are Brooks Puregrit3 (left) and Mizuno Wave Kazan (right). I also tried on some Altra Superior 2.0…I just can’t decide. Which means I probably wont get any until NEXT year! My feet are VERY flat & I don’t really want to switch to zero drop right now, while I’m in the middle of training. I’ve been running in Mizuno Wave Riders for Y.E.A.R.S. and I haven’t had to pick out a new shoe that whole time. Now I really want some trail shoes, but the decision process kills me!!
So, I’ll pose the question here – What trail shoes do you wear?